Thursday, March 28, 2024
Home Community Page 10

Community

Ramadan in the Islamic School of Cambridge

Fatima Sidaoui Staff Writer, The Circle The students of the Islamic School of Cambridge have already started preparing for Ramadan, with the help of their imams,...

Syrian Refugees in Kitchener- Waterloo

Siba Al-Khadour In October 2015 the Region of Waterloo began its preparations to welcome the Syrian refugees. All government and non-government organizations came together and...

Coalition of Muslim Women’s Islamophobia project in Kitchener

Sarah Shafiq, Kitchener The Coalition of Muslim Women of KW (CMW) has been concerned with the impact of Islamophobia on the Muslim community in general...

Muslim Women Empowerment Circle at The Delton Glebe Counseling Center

Sondous Attar, The Circle The Muslim Women Empowerment Circle is a group of women who get together to help support and empower each other. Psychotherapist and...

My Ramadan Experience in Canada compared to Saudi Arabia

Sondous Attar, Staff Writer, The Circle Ramadan is here and Muslims all over the world will be fasting this month. It is the month when life goes...

5 ways Canadians have stood up to Islamophobia

The only mosque in Peterborough, Ont., was damaged in a deliberately set fire on Saturday night. Police are calling the arson a hate crime;...

THE FIRST MOSQUE IN CANADA: AL RASHID MOSQUE

In the early 1930s, the total Muslim population in Canada was 645, with highest concentrations in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. Edmonton was home...

Inshallah: Singing for Peace and Justice

The first time you hear about the local choir called Inshallah, naturally you might think it’s composed of Muslim voices. But while some of the...

Fasting in Ramadan and Developing Self-Control

Yuksel A. Aslandogan Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic lunar calendar. It is a special month of the year for over one billion...

My Ramadan Experience

Last Sunday I participated in what my church calls, “Fast Sunday,” which is our monthly religious Sabbath tradition, where members of my church are...