Thursday, March 28, 2024

Community

My Somalian refugee friend

Melissa Finn If you read nothing else from me this week or month, please read this: I understand that we can trip and fail...

My Life in KW

Juneyt Yetkiner My journey in Waterloo started 18 years ago. I was 22 and I left my dear country for chasing after what some call the...

Ramadan A Time To Enhance Spirituality For Local Muslims

Cory Knutt During the Islamic holy month, Muslims will fast each day from dawn until sunset. Many Muslims will break fast at sunset together in...

Islam and Mental Health

Hadiyah Muhammad My parents converted to Islam as young adults in the late 1970s. Choosing to become Muslim changed my parents’ health behaviors immediately. I...

To Fast or not to Fast- The Muslim Mental Health Dilemma

Ahmad Abojaradeh I remember the first time I fasted for a full day. I was in second grade and despite my parent's objections to fasting...

Challenges of a Prison Chaplain

Habeeb Ali Chaplain I am sitting with some inmates inside the chapel and its Saturday morning. Could you imagine what they are talking about? People wonder why an...

A Muslim cook wanted to stop the hate. So she started...

Rebekah Denn, Washington Post, May 8, 2017. Her face framed by a delicate floral-print headscarf, Amanda Saab stepped into a Safeway. Ninety minutes later, the cashier...

Youth4Peace Canada

Jahan Zeb (Jahan.Zeb@GPCCanada.org) & Prateek Awasthi (AwasthiPS@gmail.com) Violent conflict resulting from increasing intolerance is becoming the defining features of the world today. Around 1.5 billion...

Great Town Hall Talk on Islamophobia in Kitchener

Rhea Daniels, Staff Writer, The Circle On April 22, over 100 people gathered at the Victoria Hills Community Centre in Kitchener to hear community leaders...

Welcoming Ramadan & The Circle

Holy Ramadan, the ninth month in the Islamic calendar, comes once a year, with its promise of blessings, peace, and abundance. As Muslims, during...