Monday, April 29, 2024

Community

This Ramadan, Let’s Call For An End To The Global Refugee...

Zaid El-Rawni The holy month of Ramadan is upon us. This is a time when Muslims all around the world abstain from all food, drink...

Prophets as Teachers

Alphonse Dougan Prophets are the spiritual teachers of humanity. As the people selected by God to deliver His message to humanity, they were exemplary educators...

Sharing Responsibility in Communities

Naim F. Erdem Does community membership affect its members' responsibility? Can people be responsible for their attitudes even when those attitudes might not be fully...

Ramadan: The time to engage with Muslim donors

Farheen Khan   Ramadan, the month of giving is nearly upon us. If someone was to ask me “When is the single most charitable time of...

A Blessing for Pilgrims for Indigenous Rights

Allen G. Jorgenson Friends, I was asked to provide a blessing for some pilgrims walking from Kitchener to Ottawa in support of Bill C 262,...

Canada Post’s Eid Stamp

Canada Post today issued an #Eid stamp that recognizes Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, two of the most important festivals celebrated by Muslims in...

Canada Unveils Eid Stamp

Canadian Muslims now have a stamp that recognizes two of their faith’s most important festivals, Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. Canada Post unveiled the stamp...

How Much Inter-religious Conflict is There in Canada

Chris Brnjas,  The Circle A couple of weeks ago I was at a conference in Ottawa which discussed the relationship between religion and public society. The...

Nobody Cares About Black Muslims

Umm Zakiyyah I wrote the above entry in my journal because alone at home with a pen and paper is one of the few places...

History of Immigration

Anish Panday On July 1st, 1867 Canada became a fully self-governing entity within the British Empire. This gave Canada the power to govern itself and...