Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Community

My Canada

Clara Hick Being a Canadian can mean many different things to many different people. Canada is made up of varying cultures, ethnicities, races, and religions,...

My Canada

Hunter Weitzman What is YOUR Canada? Canada has the largest coastline of any country in the world. This is just one of the many incredible facts...

The Grass Is Not Greener On the Other Side

Asad Abdali What is it that makes Canada so great? Is it our Tim Hortons? Our poutine? Our maple syrup? Or is it because we...

A Beacon of Hope; A Mosaic of Culture

Terence D’Souza The term "country" is defined as a nation with its own government that occupies a territory (Oxford Dictionary). Some might doubt the importance...

12 Battered Cans

Leon Kehl A number of years ago I was in my pastor’s office and noticed twelve flattened and battered pop cans mounted on a simple...

36 Million Canadian Identities

Umar Farooqi When I walk down the hallways of my high school I see the graduation pictures of students from many years ago. My eyes...

My Canada

Jessica Nameh I’m from the city of Jasmine Damascus in Syria. My story is so unexpected. I could never have imagined what was going to...

Turkish Cooking Club in a Kitchener Downtown Church

Tiina Cote Minister, Trinity United, Downtown Kitchener While the world at large focuses on the dark ripples of violence bouncing from one nation to the next,...

My Canada Day Ramadan

Daisy Arseneault Assistant Director of Public Affairs for the Kitchener Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Last Sunday I participated in what...

A new Muslimah’s experience of Ramadan

As Ramadan approaches, do we as a Muslim community think of our new Muslim sisters and brothers? Do we think of their struggle with...