Friday, April 26, 2024

Community

Indigenous, Muslim and Jewish communities engage in Dialogue

Indigenous, Muslim and Jewish communities engaged in an inspirational evening of dialogue, storytelling and performances at Congregation Darchei Naom on Wednesday night to mark...

For the next generation of girls, it’s time to care

Mirko Petricevic Waterloo There's nothing like a new baby in the family to make a person pay attention to the state of the world. As godfather to...

Quebec mosque shooting: Tragedy illustrates danger of stigmatizing minorities: Charles Taylor

Marian Scott, Montreal Gazette The massacre of six worshippers in a Quebec City mosque a year ago should serve as a warning, says philosopher Charles...

The Problem with Hate Speech: An Islamic Perspective

Daniel Hummel According to Webster's New World Dictionary, hate speech is, "speech not protected by the First Amendment, because it is intended to foster hatred...

Fran Pappert: “In Islam, I discovered a God who is very...

Interviewed by Sondous Attar, The Circle Staff If you were a child growing up in the 80’s, chances are you know Fran Pappert-Shannon from the...

Rocks or Rainbows: Lessons for Interreligious Dialogue

Frances M. Leap More than two decades ago, as a new professor at a small college, I was assigned a course that included a unit...

TORONTO SYNAGOGUE HOSTS MUSLIMS FOR FRIENDSHIP EID DINNER

One of Canada’s largest Conservative synagogues hosted a friendship dinner on Eid al-Fitr, Sunday June 25th, for members of Toronto’s Muslim community. “We are excited...

History of Muslims in Canada reminds us all of who we...

Amira Elghawaby & Hassam Munir For Canadian Muslims, the opportunity to commemorate and celebrate our history since pre-Confederation comes at a critical juncture. Those who hold...

Eid Mubarek

Salma Hasan Ali This was our original plan: my parents would come from NJ to our home in DC a few days before Eid so...

Two congregations unite to mark Canada 150

They may be from different faiths and cultural traditions, but on Saturday two congregations gathered together to mark Canada 150. The Bedford United Church and...