Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Community

Muneeb Nasır: The Sacred Art of Fasting

Muneeb Nasir, The Circle Greetings of Peace, mercy and blessings of God – Assalaamu ‘alaikum. As we speak, families are making plans, children are getting excited,...

The Guest Writer Paul Born: Weighty reflections on Ramadan

Paul Born, The Circle President of the Tamarack Institute I am overweight, impatient and obsessively optimistic: three traits I have worked on all my life with...

Julie Barlett: Be a Muslim foster parent in KW

Julie Barlett, The Circle Our children deserve a calm, stable nurturing environment, and sometimes they need our help finding it. There are times, unfortunately, when children...

People could all do with a dose of Ramadan

Muneeb Nasir Fasting is a big commitment and it is not quite that easy for those who are not initiated into the art of fasting. Ramadan...

Ramadan as a Catalyst for Change

Na’ima B. Robert When your newsfeed and inbox first started to fill up with notifications about preparing for Ramadan, you had realised that, yes, it’s...

KANADA YAZILARI: Otel Kanada

Engin Sezen, The Circle “Tarihe bakın. Kanada Yerlileri, Avrupa’dan gelen ilk göçmenlere kucak açtılar, beslediler onları. Bu sıcak karşılama, Kanada’da bir gelenek oldu. Sonradan, bu...

TORONTO ANTICIPATES WORLD’S LARGEST GATHERING OF FAITH COMMUNITIES

The Circle A reception that brought together religious, civic and political leaders was held in Toronto on Monday in anticipation of the Parliament of the...

Scarborough Muslims Raise $150K For Hospital

The Scarborough Muslim Community announced at a Family Day Walkathon today that it has raised $150,000 for the Scarborough and Rouge Hospital. “AMAZING!!!! $150,000 has...

The Historical Development Of The Islamic Community In The United States

M. A. Al-ahari In the following historical survey I cover some basic realities of the Muslim experience in the US. I have adopted different ways...

Waterloo Region commemorated the Quebec Mosque shooting tragedy in Kitchener City...

Dr. Sarah Shafiq, The Circle February 29th, 2018 marked one year since six people were gunned down and 19 got injured while praying in a...