Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Community

Isabelle Koerber: Canadian Immigrants

Isabelle Koerber, The Circle People around the world come to Canada to create a better life but is this what they achieve? Canada has accepted many...

Joseph Clay: Fasting in Abrahamic Faiths

Joseph Clay, The Circle “O you who believe! Prescribed for you is the Fast, as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you...

A Mennonite’s Ramadan Experience

Dick Benner, Former editor/publisher of the Canadian Mennonite It’s been a couple years now, but the experience stands out in my mind as if it...

Toronto Church Hosts Interfaith Iftar Gathering

The Circle One of the largest churches in downtown Toronto, Metropolitan United Church, hosted an Iftar and dinner gathering on Thursday, May 24 and over...

Tamana Miyazada: My Ramadan experience in Canada

Tamana Miyazada, The Circle The first time I fasted during the holy month of Ramadan, I was twelve years old. On the first day, I...

Muneeb Nasır: The Sacred Art of Fasting

Muneeb Nasir, The Circle Greetings of Peace, mercy and blessings of God – Assalaamu ‘alaikum. As we speak, families are making plans, children are getting excited,...

The Guest Writer Paul Born: Weighty reflections on Ramadan

Paul Born, The Circle President of the Tamarack Institute I am overweight, impatient and obsessively optimistic: three traits I have worked on all my life with...

Julie Barlett: Be a Muslim foster parent in KW

Julie Barlett, The Circle Our children deserve a calm, stable nurturing environment, and sometimes they need our help finding it. There are times, unfortunately, when children...

People could all do with a dose of Ramadan

Muneeb Nasir Fasting is a big commitment and it is not quite that easy for those who are not initiated into the art of fasting. Ramadan...

Ramadan as a Catalyst for Change

Na’ima B. Robert When your newsfeed and inbox first started to fill up with notifications about preparing for Ramadan, you had realised that, yes, it’s...