Friday, April 19, 2024

Community

TORONTO MOSQUE EXPANDS TO MEET GROWING NEEDS OF CONGREGATION

The Circle The downtown Toronto mosque, Masjid Toronto@Adelaide, held an opening ceremony for its recently expanded facilities on Wednesday, September 26th, as political, civic, and...

Alphonse Dougan: A Neglected Value in The 21st Century: NEIGHBORLINESS

Alphonse Dougan Neighborhood and neighborliness is an important social value that is often neglected in this century. Just as in Judaism and Christianity, the rights...

The English Circle

Dear Friends, It is our pleasure to inform you that the English version of The Circle is undergoing a revitalization process. We are hoping to...

Afaun Mandol: My İdeal Canadian Mosque

Afaun Mandol, The Circle My ideal Canadian Mosque would be a center of learning and interaction for the community. Back in the time of the Prophet...

Islam vs. Modernity: Islam through the Eyes of New Muslims

Samaa Kabbar and Fatima Sidaoui, The Circle The modern individual has it all: absolute individual freedom, unprecedented technological advances, and material wealth. But could we be...

Isabelle Koerber: Canadian Immigrants

Isabelle Koerber, The Circle People around the world come to Canada to create a better life but is this what they achieve? Canada has accepted many...

Joseph Clay: Fasting in Abrahamic Faiths

Joseph Clay, The Circle “O you who believe! Prescribed for you is the Fast, as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you...

A Mennonite’s Ramadan Experience

Dick Benner, Former editor/publisher of the Canadian Mennonite It’s been a couple years now, but the experience stands out in my mind as if it...

Toronto Church Hosts Interfaith Iftar Gathering

The Circle One of the largest churches in downtown Toronto, Metropolitan United Church, hosted an Iftar and dinner gathering on Thursday, May 24 and over...

Tamana Miyazada: My Ramadan experience in Canada

Tamana Miyazada, The Circle The first time I fasted during the holy month of Ramadan, I was twelve years old. On the first day, I...