Saturday, April 20, 2024

Community

Engin Sezen: A Canadian Muslim

Engin Sezen, The Circle Can one speak of a “Canadian” Muslim? If so, what might that Muslim person look like? Believe me, there is a great...

Lori-Ann Livingston: It’s Halloween

Lori-Ann Livingston, The Circle At first cock-crow the ghosts must go. Back to their quiet graves below. – Theodosia Garrison Double, double toil and...

Engin Sezen: Canada is Home

Engin Sezen, The Circle Canada is peaceful and safe. Canada is Home. Millions of Canadians feel the same. Immigrants, refugees, citizens… Yes, immigrants…including Muslim immigrants. Some of us...

Stephanie Stretch: What Do I Look for in a Political Candidate?

Stephanie Stretch, The Circle I am a political candidate this municipal election and it has given me a unique view. I find myself asking "who...

Kathi Smit & Kathy Bazinet & Isabel C. Pino

Kathi Smith, The Circle   There is nothing more important than voting in a municipal election. You have the opportunity to meet and talk with your...

Chris Brnjas: A Local hero, Jono Cullar

Chris Brnjas, The Circle We can all agree that the current job market is tough for young professionals. But Jonathan Cullar has a trick up...

Lori-Ann Livingston & Sunna Murphy: What do you look for in...

Sunna Murphy, The Circle I am as well as can be expected. Still doing massive cleanup and renovations since the fire. It is slow going...

Cameron Dearlove: What do I look in a political candidate?

Cameron Dearlove, The Circle When considering a candidate, I will of course look at their stand on various issues. But more important to me is...

Karen Coviello: What do you look for in a political...

Karen Coviello, The Circle What do you look for in a political candidate? My answers may surprise you. Because they are more about competencies than platforms....

Yukon’s 1st mosque a milestone for Canada, founders say

Yukon's first mosque opened Friday, and leaders say it marks an important milestone for Canada. Muhammad Javed, president of the Yukon Muslim Society, welcomed a crowd...