Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Community

Chris Brnjas: A Local hero, Jono Cullar

Chris Brnjas, The Circle We can all agree that the current job market is tough for young professionals. But Jonathan Cullar has a trick up...

Lori-Ann Livingston & Sunna Murphy: What do you look for in...

Sunna Murphy, The Circle I am as well as can be expected. Still doing massive cleanup and renovations since the fire. It is slow going...

Cameron Dearlove: What do I look in a political candidate?

Cameron Dearlove, The Circle When considering a candidate, I will of course look at their stand on various issues. But more important to me is...

Karen Coviello: What do you look for in a political...

Karen Coviello, The Circle What do you look for in a political candidate? My answers may surprise you. Because they are more about competencies than platforms....

Yukon’s 1st mosque a milestone for Canada, founders say

Yukon's first mosque opened Friday, and leaders say it marks an important milestone for Canada. Muhammad Javed, president of the Yukon Muslim Society, welcomed a crowd...

TORONTO MOSQUE EXPANDS TO MEET GROWING NEEDS OF CONGREGATION

The Circle The downtown Toronto mosque, Masjid Toronto@Adelaide, held an opening ceremony for its recently expanded facilities on Wednesday, September 26th, as political, civic, and...

Alphonse Dougan: A Neglected Value in The 21st Century: NEIGHBORLINESS

Alphonse Dougan Neighborhood and neighborliness is an important social value that is often neglected in this century. Just as in Judaism and Christianity, the rights...

The English Circle

Dear Friends, It is our pleasure to inform you that the English version of The Circle is undergoing a revitalization process. We are hoping to...

Afaun Mandol: My İdeal Canadian Mosque

Afaun Mandol, The Circle My ideal Canadian Mosque would be a center of learning and interaction for the community. Back in the time of the Prophet...

Islam vs. Modernity: Islam through the Eyes of New Muslims

Samaa Kabbar and Fatima Sidaoui, The Circle The modern individual has it all: absolute individual freedom, unprecedented technological advances, and material wealth. But could we be...